Thursday, July 18, 2019

Braids, Buns, and Twists!

    
I bought Braids, Buns, and Twists! by Christina Butcher because I needed ideas for how to style my thick, frizzy, curly hair. I wanted to learn how to create everyday hairstyles that aren’t boring. Usually, I would wear my hair down or in a simple low ponytail. However, with the help of Braids, Buns, and Twists, I’ve gleaned some great ideas about how style my hair.
     I started with the Donut Bun (pages 118-119). This isn’t a difficult hairstyle at all. It looks sophisticated and works well to hide my frizz and get my hair off my face.     The next hairstyle I tried was the Flipped Over Ponytail (pages 22-23). Again, it’s not hard to do, but it’s a cute step up from a basic low ponytail.      Other hairstyles I’ve tried from Braids, Buns, and Twists! are the Fishtail Braid (pages 50-51) and the Rope Twist (pages 94-95). I got a lot of compliments on the Fishtail Braid! Although I think it would look even better on me if I had highlights or balayage.     In addition to the hairstyles themselves, Butcher includes ideas for hair accessories, where to wear, and what types of outfits work with each hairstyle. She also includes information on hair products and the tools you’ll need to create the hairstyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ring Collection

     Hello, lovelies! I have read that a lot of people have one type of jewelry they prefer over others. I love all types of jewelry! Earrin...